Photo Scrapbook Ideas.

Here are some photo scrapbook ideas. I love to take pictures of my kids when they're sleeping. Regardless of the mischief they've gotten into during the day, that look of innocence returns to their faces when they're asleep. I discovered that grouping these photos on a layout is a terrific way to finish off my scrapbooks without having to say "the end." Now I use a "sleeping" layout to finish each of my albums!

I have a lot of scenic panoramic photos from our vacation that I do not want to cut, so I have been using them as a border. They are the same shape as the pre-made photo borders at stores but are cheaper and they always go with the theme of the page. It is a great idea to use them in the scrapbook!

For a fun addition to your scrapbook page, print smaller versions of your focal picture directly on to the background page. In the layout that I have included, I reduced the size of the original picture and changed the photo to black and white. I then opened a blank document in Word and placed the pictures where I wanted them on the page. Just a fun idea to add focus to the subject of your layout!

When taking pictures, I usually like to zoom in close so the image takes up most of the frame. However, for scrapbooking purposes I've found that taking some pictures without zooming too much gives me smaller pictures that are great scrapbook ideas for tags, borders, or other small spaces.

Don't worry if you didn't get photos of a particular event or if your photos turned out awful. (ie can't be fixed by clever cropping, totally washed out or in the dark, etc.) Instead, use the opportunity to develop your creative lettering and paper-piecing skills to record your memories.

When having events such as kid's birthday, Christmas, or other special occasion, remember to take pictures of everyone there. You will be happy you have these in the future. Such as grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. These people may not always be with you, so take the time now to snap some shots and scrapbook them.

When I began gathering photos for my scrapbook, I found several old shots with people I didn't recognize. In most cases, I had only the original photo and needed assistance from relatives to identify missing names. To help, I scanned the photos into my computer and e-mailed them to family members. They helped me identify the photos' subjects and even contributed interesting stories for journaling. If the person you're seeking information from doesn't have a computer or e-mail, send him or her a printed copy of the scanned photo with a self-addressed, stamped envelope. The person can write the names and stories on the page and drop it in the mail.

Ask your photo processor if they offer the option of a white border around your photos. It's one less layer of paper on your layout, free with processing, and if you don't want it on a specific photo, you can just trim it off!

I often take pictures of 'things' like a section of the stone wall of the Alamo, the layers of dirt from where our pool was dug or the sky the day we went to the beach. I scan them, enlarge them, crop them and use them just as like a background for scrapbooking page. Much less expensive and much more personal.

How do you scrapbook one-of-a-kind or once-in-a-lifetime photos that are of poor quality? One tip -- I put too-dark photos from my honeymoon onto dark paper, and it made the photos look lighter and brighter. I also cut tropical fish out of underwater photos that were mostly green, and they looked much better. (And learned how to shoot better underwater photos!)
So use these scrapbook ideas to save your precious memories.
0 Responses